(03) 9670 0966
Peter Hurley is a highly experienced commercial lawyer.
His practice covers most aspects of commercial law, with a particular focus on the charities and not-for-profit sector. He acts for individuals, small businesses and substantial not-for-profit clients with commercial activities.
He has extensive experience and skills in:
- Business sale and acquisition transactions, including structure and tax advice
- Charity & not-for-profit law, including taxation concessions, charitable trusts and entities and social enterprise structuring
- Advice, negotiation and documentation of government research grant funding arrangements
- Trust, partnership & corporations law
- Health and aged care law, including retirement living
- Property development and planning law, particularly in relation to aged and retirement living
- Commercial leasing and property transactions and advice
- Commercial agreement drafting
- Finance and security arrangements
- Intellectual property, including trade mark and copyright
He also has experience in general and commercial litigation, wills and estates, estate litigation and employment law.
Peter graduated with combined Bachelor degrees in Laws and Commerce from Melbourne University. He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and The Charity Law Association of Australia and New Zealand.